You can also try our testnet on Rinkeby.
zkSync is a trustless protocol for scalable low-cost payments on Ethereum, powered by zkRollup technology. It uses zero-knowledge proofs and on-chain data availability to keep user's funds as safe as though they never left the mainnet.
While security is our paramount priority, user and developer experience are central to zkSync design. We obsessively seek out improvements that eliminate friction and complexity in order to make zkSync the most enjoyable platform on Ethereum, for both end-users and builders. The best way to get an impression about it is to try out zkSync yourself — it should only take 2 minutes.
# zkSync features
- ETH and ERC20 token transfers with instant confirmations and 10 min finality on L1.
- Mainnet-level security with zero reliance on 3rd parties.
- Zero-cost account creation.
- Ultra-low transaction fees (~ $0.001 per transfer).
- Payments to existing Ethereum addresses (including smart-contracts).
- Fees conveniently payable in token being transferred.
- Withdrawals to mainnet in under 15 min.
- Multisig support.
- Privacy (coming soon).
- Permissionless smart contracts (coming soon).
# Problems zkSync solves
Gas fees for token transfers on Ethereum exceed $2M per month. With zkSync these costs can be reduced to a small fraction.
The rise of DeFi opens many more interesting use cases. zkSync is here to unlock Paypal-scale for your project.
# zkSync in comparison
zkSync stands out remarkably in security and usability among existing L2 scaling solutions. Thanks to the combination of cutting-edge cryptography and on-chain data availability, zkRollup (the core technology of zkSync) is the only L2 scaling solution that doesn't require any operational activity to keep the funds safe. Users can go offline for a year, then come back and be sure to safely withdraw their assets without any external help — even if zkRollup operators were long gone.